Dr. V.A. Kothiwale joined as lecturer in Department of General Medicine at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi in October 1986. Since then he has been involved with the college in various capacities for the last 32 years and he has served as Professor & HOD, Vice-Principal, Dean- Faculty of Medicine. He has taken over the charge as Registrar KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research Belagavi on 2/11/2019. He is Consultant Physician at KLES Dr. Prabkakar Kore Hospital & MRC Belagavi.
- Awarded Fellow of Indian College of Cardiology in 1996.
- Life Member in Professional Bodies of
- Fellowship in Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine at University of Illinois at Chicago in 2001.
- Fellow of Geriatric Society of India -2012 No L -1049
- Awarded the “Best Speaker” prize in the debate competition on topic [Good Teacher and Good Researchers] on 5th September 2012
- Awarded the Best Teacher from the Students Association of J.N. Medical College, Belagavi on 2008 Onwards each year.
- Dr. T. B. Basavarajendra Memorial Oration at 31st Annual Conference of KAPICON – 2013
- Best Teacher Award 2009 of KLE University.
- Awarded as the Best Scientist of the KLE University for the year 2013-14
- Awarded as ‘Teacher of the Teachers’ in KLE University Belagavi on 5th September 2015.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Award for Life Time Contribution in Teaching -2017 [Marina Labs/ Research and Development]
- Vice-Chairman Association Physician of India Karnataka Chapter 2018-19
- Chairman Association Physician of India Karnataka Chapter 2019-2020