In 1916, a dedicated group of individuals belonging to the Veerashaiva community, popularly known as Lingayatas, embarked on a dream. Their vision-to create a strong educational base in the neglected area of Karnataka and Maharashtra. Over 10 decades, the K.L.E Society has blazed a trail. And set an unparalleled example in the South. Presently, KLE Society manages a staggering 309 institutions, including schools, colleges, technical institutions, research centers, and business schools. The society runs the institutes in almost all the districts of Karnataka, parts of Maharashtra and even New Delhi. KLE Society ran 38 institutions in the year 1984 and over the years, 271 institutions have been set up during the period from 1984 to date at different localities offering various courses. Here’s a look into some of the mind-boggling institutional facts of KLE Society.
Society’s manpower exceeds of 18,000 employees. Total 1,38,000 students are undergoing every possible course-from kinder garden to post-doctoral programs in the faculties of Arts, Commerce and also professional courses in Medicine, Engineering and Law, are all part of this gigantic social phenomenon. Inspired by democratic values, the Society is ably managed by a Board constituting the President, Chairman and 14 other elected members. Each a responsible and knowledgeable person with an immaculate track record. The success of the Society can be attributed to their sterling contribution over the years. KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research (KAHER) Belagavi stands testimony to the high professional standards aimed for and achieved by K.L.E Society.
- To motivate the students to be socially responsible, productive and useful citizens of the globalized world.
- To create a congenial atmosphere of learning with the aim of developing technically sound, ethically strong and morally elevated individuals.
- To promote sustainable development of higher education consistent with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To plan and continuously provide necessary infrastructure and learning resources required for quality education and innovations.
- To make research a significant activity involving staff, students and society and to develop every learner at KLE with skills of employability.
- To lay emphasis on society-oriented programs in the areas of health care with a common man as the focal point.
- To provide state-of-art health care facilities to the people of rural and urban areas of the country.
- To stimulate to extend the frontiers of knowledge, through faculty development and continuing education programs.