Dr.V D Patil MD, DCH
Dr.V D Patil joined as a Lecturer in the Deprtment of Paediatrics at J N Medical College, Belgaum in March 1976. Since then he has been involved with the college in various capacities for the last 36 years and has been in the Principal of J N Medical College Belgaum since August 2002 to August 2012. From 1st September 2012 he has taken over the charge as Registrar KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research. He is Chief Pediatrician at Dr. KLES Prabkakar Kore Hospital & MRC Belgaum since its inception in 1987. Dr. V D Patil has been awarded the WHO Fellowship in MCH Programme.
- Joined as a Lecturer in Department of Paediatrics at J N Medical College, Belgaum from March 1976. Since then working in the college for the last 38 years
- As Professor and Head of the Department of Paediatrics since 1st May 1996 to 9th February 2002. And Professor of Pediatrics 10th February to till date
- Vice Principal of J N Medical College, Belgaum since May 1997 to 12th August 2002
- Principal, J N Medical College, Belgaum from 13th August 2002 to 31st August 2012
- Dean Faculty of Medicine KLE University Belgaum from 2006 to 31-8-2009
- Registrar KLE University since 1st September 2012
- Chief Pediatrician a K L E S Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Belgaum since its inception in 1987. Co-ordinator K L E S City Polyclinic, Belgaum
- Awarded WHO, Fellowship in M.C.H. Programme and visited Nepal and Thailand in 1992
- Life Member of K L E Society since 1998 to 2006
- President of Indian Academy of Pediatrics Karnataka State Chapter in 1998
- President of Indian Academy of Pediatrics Critical Care Chapter 2007 to 2009
- Conducted many CME’s both National and International Two State Conference and One south Zone conference at Belgaum
- Examiner for both, Under-graduate and Post-graduate students of various Universities.
- Started the concept of Neonatal care in this part of North Karnataka in 1976, by starting Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, at District Hospital, Belgaum, which has now grown and as an offset instrumental in starting state of the art Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at K L E S Hospital and Medical Research Centre, which has now qualified Neonatologist
- Was instrumental in developing the World Health Organization concept of Baby Friendly Hospital in this part of North Karnataka and got recognition for both the hospitals i.e. District Hospital, Belgaum and K L E S Hospital & MRC Belgaum in 1996. This awareness of Exclusive Breast Feeding has helped to bring the sufferings of Newborn babies in this area.
- He was deputed by the K.L.E.Society to University of Illinois Chicago U.S.A. for training Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. After coming from Chicago the first of its kind in the North Karnataka a well equipped Pediatric Intensive Care Unit has been established which caters the need for Critical care of children in this area.
- Has participated in Pulse Polio Programme actively all through the help of the J N Medical College Doctors has managed all the Pulse Polio booths in Belgaum City on Pulse Polio Days every year.
- Was instrumental in starting one of the first Perinatal Centre at K L E S Hospital and District Hospital Belgaum attached to J N Medical College Belgaum, which was inaugurated by Honorable Minister Dr. Malak Reddy. This Perinatal Centre in unique and the concept is taken from University of Illinois Chicago. This Centre and its ideology were well appreciated by Dr. Sudarshan the Chairman Task force on Health, Karnataka.
- The Perinatal Centre has a state of art Neonatal Transport system with all the monitors including ventilators through which very small very sick babies can be transported to the Hospital. This transport ambulance was inaugurated by Her Excellency Smt V.S.Ramadevi the then Governor of Karnataka.
- Was honored as distinguished teacher by the college in 2001
- Advisory Member for collaboration of March of Dimes U.S.A and KLES Prabhakar Kore Hospital and M R C and J N Medical College Belgaum alliance to improve Perinatal Health Education of Primary Care Practitioners in District Belgaum
- Participated as Principal Investigator in the Indian CLEN Project Assessment of Injection practices in India ( 2002-2003) An India CLEN Program Evaluation Network Study Supported by Ministry of Health Family Welfare, Government of India and World Bank.
- Country Co-ordinator for Neonatal Research Project for Global Site “8” NIH U.S.A. and was trained for this for this at Miami, Florida U.S.A
- Was honored as one of the Nine distinguished teachers in the Karnataka State by State I.M.A. on 15th September 2002.
- At the instance of Honorable Chancellor, played a significant role in creating 1000 free beds for J N Medical College teaching purpose which has become one of its kind among the private medical college
- Awarded as Teachers Teacher by the KLE University on the eve of Teachers day celebration 2010.